A homeowners worst nightmare is a break in. It makes you feel unsafe and violated. While the odds of it happen ae relatively low it is always good to be prepared and try to prevent the break in from ever happening. Here are some tips to increase your home’s security.
IMPROVE HOME SECURITY
- Install top quality locks on windows and deadlock bolt locks on doors. The trade body The Master Locksmiths Association can provide details of local professionals for free advice and help on installation.
- Fit a British Standard approved alarm system. It can cost more than £1,000 to install – but if it prevents you being burgled it is money well spent. Be aware there may be annual ‘maintenance’ costs of up to £100 required for insurance purposes.
- Ensure valuables are kept safe and secure. Do not hide jewellery in a shoebox at the bottom of a wardrobe – it is one of the first places burglars look.
- Beware of cyber-stalkers – burglars who track your movements by monitoring social media websites.
- Keep a car on the driveway while away by asking a neighbour to use it.
Make sure you and your family keep feeling safe in the walls of your home.
At Stonebridge Mortgage we are dedicated to making sure you end up in the home of your dreams. If you need any buying or financing for your home or office, we are here to help. Check out all Stonebridge Mortgage’s services.