If you’re considering signing up for Amazon Prime before doing your holiday shopping you’ll want to be aware of the long list of benefits the membership comes with so you can take full advantage. One of the most popular features of Amazon Prime is the Free two-day shipping on eligible items. Two-day shipping is especially nice as we get closer to the peak of the holiday season when package delivery delays are common. Check out more Amazon Prime Benefits below.
Among the key benefits you can enjoy as an Amazon Prime member:
- Free two-day shipping on eligible items to addresses in all states, except Alaska and Hawaii.
- Free same-day delivery in eligible ZIP codes.
- Prime Instant Video: Unlimited streaming of movies and TV episodes.
- Prime Music: Unlimited, advertising-free access to hundreds of Prime Playlists and more than a million songs.
- Prime Photos: Secure, unlimited photo storage in Amazon Cloud Drive.
- Prime Pantry: You can buy low-priced grocery, household, and pet care items. Shipping costs $5.99 for each Prime Pantry box. (Prime Pantry boxes cannot be shipped to Alaska or Hawaii, P.O. boxes, or Amazon Lockers.)
- Prime Early Access: 30-minute early access to Lightning Deals on Amazon.com and new events on MyHabit.com.
- Kindle Owners’ Lending Library: Access to more than 800,000 e-book titles.
- Kindle First: Download access to a new book for free every month from the Kindle First picks.
- Deals and Discounts, Compliments of Amazon Mom: These include 20 percent off diapers through Subscribe & Save and 15 percent off eligible products from your baby registry.
- Membership Sharing: Two adults living in the same household can create an Amazon Household to share certain Amazon Prime benefits.
If you’re unsure about how much shopping you’ll be doing over the holiday season, you can sign up for a free, 30-day trial for Amazon Prime. But beware: At the end of the free trial (or annual membership period if you’re already a member), your credit card will be charged the $99 annual membership fee automatically for the next period unless you cancel in advance. If you paid the fee and haven’t placed an Amazon Prime-eligible order, however, you still qualify for a full refund.
SRC: Learn more about the Benefits of Amazon Prime at: www.consumerreports.org/shopping/is-amazon-prime-worth–99-a-year-?EXTKEY=I72RSE0